THE San Francisco Filipino American Chamber of Commerce is inviting kababayans to join them on October 5-6 for the San Francisco City Administrator’s Small Business Summit, a virtual event that aims to demystify doing business with the City & County of San Francisco for local small businesses and suppliers.
The SFFACC recognizes that successfully securing opportunities with the city is a complex process that can be difficult to navigate for small businesses.
At this virtual summit, small businesses will learn how the city procures goods and services, where to find upcoming opportunities, and about compliance requirements for contractors and suppliers. The Summit will also feature tailored technical assistance workshops, including responding effectively to solicitations and how to become a certified Local Business Enterprise (LBE). Register for free at: www.sf.gov/2021bizsummit.
Day 1, October 5
- 9:30 a.m. – Summit Kick-off
- 10 a.m. – Procurement 101
- 11 a.m. – Help Becoming a Supplier
- 12:30 p.m. – Finding Opportunities and Bidding on the SF City Partner Website
- 1:30 p.m. – Responding to Solicitations
- 2:30 p.m. – Opportunities Showcase
Day 2, October 6:
- 9 a.m. – SF Labor Laws
- 1 p.m. – Local Business Enterprise (LBE) Certification
- 3 p.m. – LBE Opportunities with Primes
- 4 p.m. – Support and Resources on the Path to COVID Recovery