1 kilo Pork Liempo (pig belly)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fine salt
1 teaspoon prague powder (salitre)
2 cups pineapple juice
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cp San Miguel Beer
1. Remove skin from the whole liempo.
2. Mix the preserving ingredients (sugar, salt, and prague powder) and wipe thoroughly on liempo.
3. Prick very well and let stand for one day, then put inside the refrigerator or ice box for 3 days.
4. Before cooking, wash very well.
5. Boil in pineapple juice, sugar and beer until sauce thickens.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Seafood City. Visit their Facebook Page or http://www.seafoodcity.com for more recipes. If you have any recipes that you would like to share with Asian Journal readers, please send email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a photo of your dish.