THE “additional restrictions” in Metro Manila have been lifted as it relaxes to regular general community quarantine (GCQ) until July 31, according to Malacañang.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Thursday, July 15, announced that President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) to further ease the restrictions in Metro Manila.
Along with Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, and Rizal will be under the regular GCQ starting July 16 until the end of the month.
Puerto Princesa City, Zamboanga del Norte, Davao Oriental, Surigao del Sur, and Dinagat Islands, which were previously under the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), will also shift to GCQ.
In addition, the following areas will be under GCQ until the end of the month: Baguio City, Apayao, City of Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Quezon, Batangas, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga, General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, Cotabato, South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Sur, and Cotabato City.
On the other hand, Laguna will remain under GCQ “with heightened restrictions” until July 31 along with Cagayan, Lucena City, Naga City, Negros Oriental, Zamboanga del Sur, and Davao City.
Aklan, Bacolod City, Antique, and Capiz will also stay under GCQ “with heightened restrictions” but only until July 22.
Meanwhile, Iloilo City and Iloilo province will keep their MECQ status until July 22.
“Kung hindi po mag-improve ang ating mga numero ay possible pong mabagong muli ang classification ng Iloilo City at Iloilo (There might be a possible change anew in the quarantine classification in Iloilo City and Iloilo if the numbers do not improve),” said Roque.
Likewise, Bataan, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, and Davao del Norte will remain under MECQ.
“All other areas in the country will be placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) from July 16, 2021 until July 31, 2021,” said Roque.
As of this writing, there are a total of 1,490,665 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country, with 26,314 fatalities and 1,418,856 recoveries.